Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing a JavaScript (.js) external file

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Within RoboHelp, I was able to write a JavaScript function for a link that asks our customer if a topic was helpful.  The code basically populates the topic name in the subject line in the e-mail to prevent us from entering the topic name for each topic.  Basic stuff.  Anyway, if I put the code in the topic itself and call the function, it works beautifully.  But if I reference an external file with the traditional reference tag, I have no luck and an "object not found" error message displays, which tells me that it cannot locate the .js file -- it is in my project folder.  No dice.

Any thoughts on this?  Has anyone experienced this before?  I am using RoboHelp 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is your script attached as a baggage file to your project? If not, the file won't make it to your output.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

I have imported the file as a baggage file and referenced it in the footer of the topic.  The error still displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I can tell you like this than you already know. Can you post your HTML file and .js (rename it to .txt!) file so I can have a look?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  I've attached the .js file and the .html file that references it.  I've wiped out all the company-specific detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the top of your HTML file stands an empty function: <script language=JavaScript>breadcrumbs()</script>. This is causing the error in your CHM. Remove this, or create a valid function.

Your script works fine in both CHM and WebHelp, but only the CHM gives an error message because of the empty function.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that was leftover from when I deleted some content.  My mistake.

I removed that and I am still receiving the same error message, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one works for us.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp