• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeze / "Another Session Recording" What to do?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During screen capture, Captivate invariably freezes on me when recording Web application. Upon restart (both of Captivate and of computer), when I try to record I get a message that says: "Another session of Adobe Captivate is currently recording. Please close the other session before trying to record." And now I can't do anything. But nothing else is open. How can I get around this? Do I need to reinstall? Why is it freezing so much? Thanks for any help from anyone!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Leaky

Sometimes we see that Captivate and whatever it is you are trying to record are incompatible for some reason. Who knows why. Phase of the moon perhaps? Sunspots?

Anyhoo, if you find that your application seems to fall into that category, you may find you have better luck establishing a remote desktop connection between the PC with Captivate on it and a PC that can run the application while you are in remote control.

Rebooting the PC normally resolves the issue of the second instance of recording. I'm surprised that is happening.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK thanks Captiv8r. I think what happened was I forgot to select "end" on the keyboard. D'oh! It seems to work now, and after completely turning off the computer (not just "restarting"), the message disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources