• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe presenter version 7 errors with audio ppcx file errors ppt 03

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unable to use adobe presenter 7 features on ppt 03 files with audio video.  I can only use the features on new files I receive a ppcx error and it is looking for media ppcx which I told it where it is but does nothing,  Anyone?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the exact error i am receiving when trying to work with existing ppt files using adobe presenter features.

Adobe presenter cannot load the recordings for all slides.  The recordings are not in the ppcx file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem. it appears the original path to the media.ppcx file is written somewhere and once moved the link is broken.

this wouldn't be so bad if moving it back solved the problem, which it doesn't.

try working in a group and having someone upload their files to a server--ooops the path has changed and you are SOL.

i'm using presenter 7.05 on WinXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, it is broken so you need to restore from a good date or rebuild

that presentation, which is a job in itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a work-around is to publish to a zip file. then copy the zip file to the preferred location and unzip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and I got a portable presentation that I can move around, but unless I'm missing something, this does not answer the original question. What I and the original poster wants to be able to do is this:

1. Create and work with a presentation including recording the audio on one PC.

2. Save the work at a different location, say on a network shared folder

3. Have someone else open the PowerPoint file to make minor changes... typos, layout, etc.

4. Have the sound loaded when you do step three above

5. Publish from the shared folder

What happens is that if the person who created the PowerPoint first, moves it to the shared folder, including all associated files, the audio cannot be opended from the new folder.

Does anyone else have suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I'm working with a group this week and we are working with Presenter 7 and a mix of PowerPoint 2003 and 2007. What we are doing (which is successful) is storing all the files in assorted folders on an FTP site. Before making modifications to any files, we first FTP them down to our own local PCs.

Yes, sometimes we see the error mentioned, but only if we failed to first obtain all the files from the FTP site.

I suspect the issue here is working from a shared location. What I mean by that is you likely will see issues if you choose to just open files while they exist on the shared location and edit from there. The key with many applications is to isolate the files on your local drive before commencing with any edits. Use the shared location only for the purposes of storage and transfer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was a little concerned if using FTP was important to the process or not as we're not set up to use any FTP client. But it seems that all that it takes is a simple "Copy" and "Paste" to get the job done. To test it I had an associate drop a copy of the entire folder that he was using onto our shared folder on the server. I copied that entire folder to my PC and then opened the PowerPoint. The audio was there and it published perfectly. This solves one problem that has plagued us for ages. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources