Expand my Community achievements bar.

Invalid form after signature but valid after reopen

Level 1

Hi,

I am currently struggeling with a dynamic xfa-based form I have built with aodbe lc designer and that needs to be signed.

There are two signature objects. The first one basically should sign the entire form besides the 2nd sign field an two other fields.

Now, when I sign the the sign obj. using ppklite I instantly get an invalid signature icon in the upper left corner. (every nasty)

As I have quite some js inside my form I use a flag that is set when the signature is set in order to prevent any further js execution.

(...if (mySignIsSigned == false) { execute js }  else { do nth.})

So the is no js anymore after the sign is set...

Still adobe reader 9.1 gives me the warning ...."the document has been changed".

If I compare the signed and the current version using standard adobe functionality it says: "no differences"

The strange thing however is.When I close the signed form and reopen / revalidate the form adobe gives me a green icon and the signature is perfectly valid.

If you have any hints what might cause this behaviour I'd be very thankfuä.

BR

Carsten

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi Steve,

attached you can find the form/ data reduced and anonymized to it's mere core, so you should be able to reproduce the issue.

You just have to click the "sign 1st sign" Button.

When the form is loaded without a signature the sfctr.init() function is called.

The "sfctr" coding handles the navigation within the form as well as the "late rendering" functionality. As the form consists of a header part (with the signature objects) and 1 to n following sub pages, each of those page is "rendered" (build up with data) not until the page is navigated to.

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask.

Best you also have a look at the click event of the "sign 1st sign" Button.

BR

Carsten

Former Community Member

Carsten

I looked at the form, the cause of the problem is somewhere in your script (and there is a lot of it!)... unfortunately, I can't determine the exact cause.  I would suggest that you look script that is either changing data or the form template in some way as this could cause the signature to be invalidated.

Hope this helps.

Steve