• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 HTML Insert thumbnail, insert topic image

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 8  HTML to create WebHelp output.  The images to be used are .png format. In the Adobe Help Viewer 2 I now see:  "Note: If you generate WebHelp Pro or WebHelp output, use GIF or JPEG files".

Has anyone used .png images with success?

FYI:  For each image I use, there is a .png thumbnail version and a larger version.  The thumbail image is inserted into topic1 with "magnify" beneath it.  The larger image is inserted into topic 2 and dragged to the highlighted magnify.

I have been able to create my primary layout and access the file in a Windows browser with no problem so far.  I have not yet tested it with a Mac or Linux.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I use PNG images almost exclusively. I've never had any issue with them and most browsers understand them as long as the browser is reasonably recent. I'm thinking it would have to be incredibly old for it not to understand PNG format.

There are some in this forum that will likely cringe at my recommending PNG because they haven't had good luck with them.

Before you let that worry you, I'll also add that a PNG may not be a PNG. For example, Adobe Fireworks is an image editing like Photoshop. And like Photoshop, it also supports creating layers for an image. And its native format is PNG. Photoshop is PSD. This means the layer information is stored inside the PNG. So if you were to use a PNG without flattening it and savng as a PNG image type, you might see issues. I believe there may also be issues with PNG files created using Visio.

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, the information was very helpful and just what I wanted to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp