• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 won't launch after install

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled my previous version of RH6 and downloaded the trial version of RH 8. I installed successfully, but when I try to launch RH HTML, nothing happens. I have IE7 and meet the minimum system requirements posted by Adobe.

Does anyone know what I should do? I've attempted to repair from the Add Programs option on the Control Panel, but still doesn't work. Attempted to uninstall RH8 and re-install, but still doesn't work.....

Thanks!

PThorne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PThorne1 and welcome to the RH community but in order to help you we'll need more information. How are you starting RH HTML? Does the program hang? Does it appear in the Windows Task Manager? Where was it installed? Were there any error messages?

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Tried starting RH8 using desktop icon, then tried program name of Task bar, then tried double-clicking the Robohtml.exe file....

2) The hourglass displays for about 15 seconds and it appears to be doing something, but then nothing.

3) Don't know what it will display in the Task Manager

4) Not sure what you mean by "where was it installed"? on my hard drive in the Program directory

5) No error messages displayed when installing nor when attempting to open

and I did re-boot after installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try looking in the running Processes in the Task manager. RoboHTML.exe should run when you try to open it. What happens if you end the process and try to restart RoboHelp?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHTML.exe doesn't display in the Task Manager when I try to open it...thanks, Willam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens if you use New Task in the task manager to start RoboHelp? Does it start?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It started! So do I have to start it this way in the future?

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, I hope not. If your problem persists, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This may be a bit too much, but did you reboot your machine? You may have done this, but rebooting sometimes works miracles.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp