• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is transfered eBook unprintable?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased some eBooks and downloaded them onto my desktop PC.

Everything works fine on the desktop PC.

So I activated another installation of ADE on laptop PC and try to transfer those eBooks there.

But, on the laptop, I can only browse and can't print though printing is allowed "on any device".

Precisely to say, document information popup show me a message;"Allow printing: 0 pages".

Does anyone have same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is part of the DRM and is 'expected' behaviour.

The reason for this is that if you print a copy of your book or document on your desktop PC, there is no way of telling your laptop computer that you have printed off a copy. If for example the book in question has maximum two copies printed allowed, theoretically then you would be able to print off 2 copies from each of the computers you activate with your Adobe ID, i.e. 4 instead of 2.

As this would breach copyright, the Adobe solution is to restrict printing to the first computer the book was downloaded to only.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your comment (and sorry for my late reply). I understand the reason and agree with you. Although I've wanted to use a color printer in my office, but I have no choice. It may be simple to buy another copy of the eBook. Thanks a lot anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines