Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete Image created from SQL Image type using cfimage

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Has anyone run into this problem? I have an SQL 2005 database with a column in a table of type image (created from a commercial product). When I use the CFIMAGE tag to create or write the image to a browser (or disk) the image is nearly always truncated (see below). The dimensions of the image are correct, but most of image data is missing. Here is an example:

test2.png

I've tried using the cfsetting with a large timeout value, but it makes no differnce. Nearly 90% of the images created from the database are truncated like this when created using the cfimage tag. When viewed or exported from the original application (and database) it's fine. Does anyone have any ideas I can try to figure this out or work around the problem?

Thanks, Joe

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

That is stored in a BLOB field I presume.

When working with BLOB and CLOB data, there are default paramters in the DSN settings that can control how much data is allowed to pass through the database driver.

That is the first thing I would look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is stored in a BLOB field I presume.

When working with BLOB and CLOB data, there are default paramters in the DSN settings that can control how much data is allowed to pass through the database driver.

That is the first thing I would look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what Ian's said, check in your Datasource.

If you're using BLOB (which I expect you are), make sure you've checked the "Enable binary large object retrieval (BLOB)." option as this makes it able to return more than 64kb via the JDBC connection.

This is in place to ensure that it doesn't send huge amounts of data when it doesn't need to, but can cause problems like this when you first look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Ian & Phil

Now I know why there's an advanced tab in the datasource setting

Thanks for your excellent reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation