• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is the location in the Search tab determined?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering how the "Location" was determined in the ranked search results?

ranked_search.png

Can the location results be changed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Hi, TechWriter77,

I believe this is the project title, which, if I follow this Help topic correctly, you set by clicking File > Project Settings and then entering the required title in the Project Title box. This is the default title that appears in the title bar of the HTML Help viewer if you don't specify titles for any Help windows that you set up.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sure Pete Lees will be better able to explain this, but here is my take on it.

This is a CHM file. With CHM files, you may create a merged setup. In that case a search is issued across all CHM files defined by the master. Thus the location advises WHICH of the CHM files contains the information. This could be helpful in determining whether the CHM is likely to contain what you are looking for.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! It seems like you've been helping me all day long.

So, does that mean the location is essentially just the name of the CHM file?  I recompiled my help and it's giving me a location that isn't the name of my chm. For example, let's say my help file is named ABC, it's displaying the location as ABC 7.5 for some reason. What's confusing is I've never named my file ABC 7.5, except for in the WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, TechWriter77,

I believe this is the project title, which, if I follow this Help topic correctly, you set by clicking File > Project Settings and then entering the required title in the Project Title box. This is the default title that appears in the title bar of the HTML Help viewer if you don't specify titles for any Help windows that you set up.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Pete! That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp