• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my TOC subentry titles jump to the left margin?

Advisor ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I select lower-level TOC entries (books and/or pages), the title jumps to the left margin (that is, the pane scrolls right). This renders all the surrounding entries illegible.

In the attached outdent_toc.gif, note the location of the "Add-on..." page entry, which is actually a 5th-level TOC entry, as shown in the margin_toc.gif picture, which is the result of scrolling back to the left.

This is a regression from RH X5.

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the standard book icons, I am seeing the TOC pane remaining left aligned when I click on down to three levels. You are saying that as you click lower levels, the pane scrolls right, I think.

Could you try a different skin to see if that affects anything?

You said it is a regression from X5. Are you now on RH7 or 8? Cannot remember. I tested against a RH8 output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delay due to being under the weather since last Tuesday - the pollen was winning

Peter, I just looked at one of my larger child projects (all of which are generated with no skin and standard icons), and level 4 gets kicked to the left margin. As I select a higher level entry, that level moves right to also be on the left margin. Further movement between levels don't always kick to the left (it's a random thing).

Ooops! It's RH 8.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon

I can only think either it is an upgrade thing (I'll look later) or something else in your project. This TOC is from a RH8 created project and, as you can see, it remains firmly left aligned. The end text of Book Four does not get kicked out to the left.

I did note you are not showing the default books. Relevant?

Capture1.gif

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all of the merged projects are original-X5-upgraded-to-RH8. Might this be the issue, since the icons don't seem to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon

I created this in X5, upgraded to RH8 and generated without making any changes.

No skin applied. It still looks like what you want.

Capture1.jpg

Visit www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there'll be no resolution forthcoming, then, Peter.

When I have some time, I'll take another look at the whthost.js file.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you happen to land on this old discussion, it was answered with a tip from Willam van Weelden in this more recent discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/492514?tstart=0.

Thanks again, Willam

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp