• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style attribute not workin in CF8 CFChart?

Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a wierd one.

I am currently working on applying an <xml> style set to a <cfchart> tag using the style="" attributes. Locally, this works fine, however when I port the chart to the testing server, it breaks with the error, "The chart type specified in the style is not a supported ColdFusion chart type".  If I comment out the style attribute, cfchart works on that server (without all my careful styling of course).  I've tried just putting in an empty style, a one line style.  It doesn't matter, it still breaks.

I don't have any control over the testing server, however I have been able to figure out a few things.

1) Both my local dev environment and the testing server are running CF 8 Version 8,0,1,195765.

2) The test environment has some things locked out of it, specifically it doesn't have a virtual directory to CFIDE (tho I was able to work with the server admin and put one in for testing purposes which didn't help).

3)The ColdFusion8\wwwroot\WEB-INF\cftags\META-INF\taglib.cfld on the testing server has the cfchart style attribute implemented the same as on my local dev environment.

Any ideas? Any places I should be looking? I'm stumped and would love to get my clients off the 10 year old Java Graphing program they are currently using if possible.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Assuming the testing server is running the code posted, the error message sounds a bit misleading.  <piechart> is supported even in MX7.

What happens if you use one of the default styles:

C:\ColdFusion8\charting\styles\default_pie.xml

Copy default_pie.xml into your cfm script directory. Then create a simple example and use the file name, instead of a variable. Any difference?

<cfchart....

style="beige_pie.xml">

</cfchart>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the testing server is running the code posted, the error message sounds a bit misleading.  <piechart> is supported even in MX7.

What happens if you use one of the default styles:

C:\ColdFusion8\charting\styles\default_pie.xml

Copy default_pie.xml into your cfm script directory. Then create a simple example and use the file name, instead of a variable. Any difference?

<cfchart....

style="beige_pie.xml">

</cfchart>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why that worked, but it did.  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.  Though I think the error message was misleading.  Sometimes programs are picky about how you generate xml content.  They do not like extra line feeds, etcetra. Try placing the <?xml ...> declaration on the same line as the <cfsavecontent...> or alternately doing a trim() on the variable.

<cfsavecontent variable="piestyle"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <pieChart depth="Plain" style="Solid" angle="0" rim="Thick" is3D="false" altText="#alttext#" font="Arial-12">

</cfsaveconten>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation