• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing the Home/Root/Top option for breadcrumbs.

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I want to know if there's a way to customize the "Home Page Name" text in the dialog for formatting Breadcrumb Options. The pull-down menu lists three options: Home, Root and Top. I want to have my custom text, but I see no way to disable the "Home Page Name" text and supply one in the "Label" text field.

Example: I would like the breadcrumb to say "MyDoc > Book Blah > Topic Bleh" rather than " Home > Book Blah > Topic Bleh". Any thoughts?

Thanks,

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Hi,

If you use Robo7, or Robo8 and add the breadcrumbs from the WebHelp navigation dialog, do the following:

In the WebHelp dialog (when you select File | Generate primary layout / File | Generate | Primary Layout) you can check to add breadcrumbs. Click the Format button, and in the field Home Page Name, select another name from the list, or type your own.

There's probably a way when you use Breadcrumbs placeholder, but I don't use that.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you use Robo7, or Robo8 and add the breadcrumbs from the WebHelp navigation dialog, do the following:

In the WebHelp dialog (when you select File | Generate primary layout / File | Generate | Primary Layout) you can check to add breadcrumbs. Click the Format button, and in the field Home Page Name, select another name from the list, or type your own.

There's probably a way when you use Breadcrumbs placeholder, but I don't use that.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam. That worked. Who would have thought one could type something in a pull-down menu!

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Corrected Willam's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, obviously Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I thought you came up with all that crazy stuff

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can even type in your own "pipe" symbols in place of or in addition to the default ">" symbol. I found that out when I tried to distinguish our ">" signs (which we use as a convention for paths) by giving it: " => " format. The default was too cramped: "text>more text".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp