Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icons disappear in generated WebHelp

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following condition:

The following is a portion of my topic in RoboHelp 8 (note the icons in parentheses):

Icon RoboHelp.jpg

The following is a portion of my generated Help in RoboHelp 8 (note that the icons are not displaying):

Icon WebHelp.jpg

Can you offer any suggestions?

Walt Mahan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the icons included in your Baggage files? It looks like WebHelp doesn't know anything about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

But if they are in the topic there should be no need to add them to baggage.

However, it certainly won't hurt anything to add them.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if they were images being referenced in locations outside the project? I thought you had to include them in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed that would be the case.

The jury is still out on this particular instance. Based on the image presented in the thread it appeared the images had simply been inserted inline such as you would insert any other image. But I do suppose that they could have been inserted in different ways.

As I said earlier, adding to Baggage certainly won't hurt anything even if they are referenced by topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icons were in my original Word files that I imported, thus they appear in the topics. What is the Baggage File?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The baggage files are located in the Project Manager pod. Just expand the Project Files folder and they are by default located at the bottom of the list with a suitcase icon. To add a file to baggage as Rick suggested, right click anywhere in this folder and select New > Baggage File. Just navigate to the file, click OK and the file will appear in your Project Files list.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully Colum won't mind my observation that the Project Manager pod may be viewed in two different ways.

I suspect Colum has his pod configured to display in Classic view. Which makes total sense, as he has used RoboHelp for a few different versions.

But the pod normally displays in Global view until you specifically switch it to Classic view.

How do you change the views? Good question and I'm so happy you asked!

(You did ask, didn't you? I could have sworn I heard you ask.)

You click the icon in the pod toolbar.

tmp2.png

If you don't change the view you will not see the Baggage Files pseudo folder.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now identified Baggage Files in RoboHelp 8 and I put my three images in there. They still do not appear when I publish the topic. So I want to import the images into the topic from the Baggage Files, but I cannot locate a folder for them when I attempt my Import. I have looked within my project structure and within RoboHelp, but cannot find the folder. Can you tell me where it is? Walt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walt

I'm thinking you have stumbled across what appears to be a bug with RoboHelp 8. I would highly encourage you to report it as same to Adobe.

Meanwhile, here's a workaround for you.

I believe you said you imported content from Word. I've seen it myself as well as having seen others report that images don't survive the import process. Normally when Word saves as HTML (essentially what you are doing when you bring it in from Word) Word creates a special folder who's name is derived from the main filename. If your Word document is My Favorite Document.doc, you usually see something like My Favorite Document_files as a folder where the images end up. Because the files exist and are correctly referenced, you see things fine in the editor and in preview. But generate or compile and things get wonky.

So I propose the following. Create another folder named quite simply "Word Images". Then copy the images to this folder and reference them from this location instead.

Hopefully this helps a bit... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already imported the images from a folder named Graphics where my project resides. It did not resolve anything. How do you report a bug to Adobe? I cannot find an email address or a URL. Walt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

In each post I make I have a list of helpful links. The first one links you to the suggestion/bug reporting form.

I notice you said you created a folder and inserted images into the folder. What you failed to mention was whether you also inserted the images into the topics using that new folder. If not, that's why you aren't seeing the images.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has been another thread running recently on images in imported documents and one of the posters involved sent me the document concerned.

Nothing I could do would get the images into RH. However, they also sent me the images and when I embedded them in a document I created, they imported without any problem.

The poster then created a new document, pasted the content from the old document and could then import. It might be important to exclude the final paragraph mark in Word from the copy.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/490223?tstart=0

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp