• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template Active Script Error: Fail to initialize script.

Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running RoboHelp HTML 2002 R2, Build 1150

MS W2k3

When generating, we get the following error:

==============================================

Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 10.00.1150

Compiling D:\temp\ron\vfpapps9\WinCap\ROBOHELP\WinCapWH\WebHelp\WinCapWH.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 13 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.00 (10.00.1150)...

Template Active Script Error: Fail to initialize script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: PostCompile

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: PostCompile in compilation script.
Finished WebHelp compilation in 13 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

==============================================

Background:    This program has been in place for YEARS.   Then, a week ago, this error started occuring.

I have uninstalled RoboHelp Office 2002, MS Office, and reinstalled MSoffice, then RoboHelp.

(Installed as myself, a local admin, domain admin).

Still the error occurs.

I've installed in on another server, and it runs absolutly fine.

i cannot figure what is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ROn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

RH should be installed on a desktop PC, not a server, and that may give you problems. However you say it is working so I am not clear what assistance you are seeking. Is it that you want to run it from the orginal PC?

Usually the problem you report is because RH has been installed without the necessary rights. The user needs local admin rights at the time of installation and to use it (with this version). You say it has been working for years without this problem so that suggests the rights were

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH should be installed on a desktop PC, not a server, and that may give you problems. However you say it is working so I am not clear what assistance you are seeking. Is it that you want to run it from the orginal PC?

Usually the problem you report is because RH has been installed without the necessary rights. The user needs local admin rights at the time of installation and to use it (with this version). You say it has been working for years without this problem so that suggests the rights were removed, intentionally or unintentionally. Whatever the reason, the reinstall needs to be done with those rights. See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/597/rb_597984.html

I wonder if you installed with a system admin logon and are trying to use the product with a personal logon. Your version of RH needs to be installed with the user's logon.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has always run from a server.   And yes, I'm trying to run it from the original machine.   The other machine I installed it on is just a test machine.

I installed it as myself (an admin) and am trying to RUN it as myself... with the same rights.  And it fails.

The fact that I've uninstalled and re installed, should fix any rights that were removed, correct?

I read that FAQ before posting, and did try running roboscriptreg.exe, to no avail.

I can't figure out what the difference between the install on the test machien, and the reinstall on the original machine could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it will fix the problem but first try setting Word's security level to Low.

Beyond that I don't know what to suggest because as you can see, this is a permissions issue. Adobe no longer support this version so I don't know where to point you.

Maybe you could look at Snippet 100 on my site and argue the case with Adobe for being given the later X5 version.

Sorry.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Peter.  I appreciate your suggestions.

Everything I've read points to Permissions.  I just can't figure out how thats so.

So you know what exactly is affected by the permissions?   Is it the executables?  Is it the source code, or the templates, etc???

You'ld think uninstalling it, and re-installing it would fix that.

Maybe I will try to upgrade.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no permissions expert but I wouldn't expect uninstalling and reinstalling to fix anything. If the permissions are what is blocking RH, how does reinstalling fix that?

Have you tried installing it as a user with admin rights rather than as the system admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought if it was the permissions of the program files or something....

Yes, I created a brand new administrative user, and installed as that user.  Then tried to run the program as that user.

Still no luck.

Guess we'll have to run robohelp from a different machine.

wierd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It has always run from a server."

Well, yes, that's probably so. But now it doesn't, does it?

We can only recommend best practice, but it's your choice whether to follow our recommendations. Especially Peter's!

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon

I think RH is happy to run on a server provided the user is the sys admin, is logged in as such and is working directly on the server, not accessing it via a desktop.

However,there would be one important proviso, the operating system is one supported by RH and it is likely that a server does not have such an OS. Maybe that is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course, Peter.

But then, the hundreds (thousands?) of previous "but my projects have always worked on the server" instances have always been desktop-to-server, rather than server-only. Which is why I didn't even consider the possibility.

Sigh...

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp