Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 HTML - synonyms under "Project Settings"

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

So I tried Rick's suggestion to check out the synonym tool under Project Settings | Advanced. I am trying to create several synonyms for the same word, specifically, I'd like to make the words "hardship" and "withdrawal" synonyms for "distribution". I can add any words I want, but I can't change the Synonym column to any value other than "synonym". Also, when I try to add a synonym, click Ok, then close out of the dialog and go back to it, it's blank.

Any ideas? For the "New" option, the help states specifically to "Click to add a new word in the Synonym table and specify a synonym for it." By the way, I'm using RH 7.02.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, here is how mine works.

Open the Synonym editor
Click in the Word column and add the Synonym (to me, they seem to have it backwards)
After you add the Synonym, try double-clicking the word "Synonym" in the Synonym column. After I double-click there, it goes into rename mode and allows me to type the word.
Rinse and repeat as needed

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'll have to test this out but with Synonyms, under the 'Word' field, can you enter a phrase that can be associated with a word or can it only be a single word? Can you also enter a number of words separated by a comma? ex. Word: "apple, orange, pear". Synonym: "fruit" or do you have to add one word at a time.

Also, I really don't understand what the Phrases tab is and its purpose. Could someone explain?

thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp