Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with a dynamic form and a workflow

Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to LiveCycle and I'm developing my first application using some services.

The form I produced is provided of four digital signature fields. At first I merge the XDP form file with a XML data file to generate a PDF document using the renderPDFForm service.

Afterwards, at any step (in my workflow) I need to retrieve the PDF document with only certain fields rendered and made visible to the user, depending on the user level. The user fill in the form and submit the entire PDF to a servlet.

I added some javascript code to hide or show the signature fields depending on the url request parameter value, and it works quite well.

The problem is:

if a user saves the form and open it outside the web browser (or even out of the application context), the url request doesn't have the parameter that javascript need to run, and he could be able to view, fill in some fields he shouldn't and submit a wrong PDF. Who can I avoid that? Is there another way to pass parameter to a PDF file, or a manner to manipulate the PDF server side?

I tried to render the pdf with a workbench process using the renderPDFForm service, but it seems to work with only XDP form.

I hope I've been clear and I'm here for any question clarification.

Thank you for your help!!!

0 Replies