Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a competent adobe support analyst please take a look at case 181161503?  For some reason my Digital Editions software is telling me that I have it activated on too many PC's (It is only activated on my laptop and desktop machines) Associated to my adobe ID is a book I need for my masters program. Because of the delays in this case and the incompetence of the analyst I have been forced to purchase the e-book and tie it to another account on my wife’s PC.  Thanks for costing me $60!

This is the error I get: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 318:6318:6318 urn:uuid:a3f5ae2b-e764-4363-85c8-f0aae791a00a

According to this post it is an easy fix but the analyst I have received does not understand the situation, sending me links to KB articles that are completely unrelated. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/314935

Please help restore my confidence in adobe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I've fixed your immediate problem by adding 3 activations back to cover the times you have reactivated the same computer(s) (plus a spare just to cover the aggravation), unfortunately the only way I have to fix the systemic problem of you (and everybody else) getting the run around when you shouldn't is to raise the problem to management (again - which I've just done).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Lester,

My name is Jacob Baca, I know this is an old post but i need some help. I am in charge of a laptop support team at Chaminade College Preparatory School. I too am having problems with a number of students who are getting this error (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS), I've been on line for quite a bit of hours talking to tech support who don't know what this issue is or how to fix it. Our school uses a lot of the Adobe products for all the laptops and desktops here at the school and well to put it simple we are getting very frustrated. Our students need their e-books for class and homework and when they get locked out for days they fall behind, which triggers a lot of things parents getting upset and asking why are we using adobe if they have this problem? I see you've helped others with this issue is there any way you can help me with a solution. Thank You Jacob Baca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can fix things on an individual level, given the correct information (AdobeID or the GUID as in this case), there is very little that I can do on the institutional level other than continue to complain through the management chain that Tech Support is not actually providing Support (this is personally very frustrating for me).  What helps me properly complain is if the Tech Support case #'s are posted, since that provides me with concrete data.  Also please note that Adobe does not provide telephone support for ADE.  The correct way is to open up a Tech Support case through the Web, by going to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and clicking on "Submit a web case"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mr Lester  for the fast reponse. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Lester, I have the same problem everyone else does. I really need to utilize the ebooks in DE. I deactivated another computer, yet I still get thee error, Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The appropriate way to get this fixed is to submit a request to support at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions ("Submit a web request").  I won't get involved unless you are unable to get a resolution through normal channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have submitted a web request. I also did the online chat service twice, the person I was talking to told me he could not do anything without a serial key, I told him over and over it was free, and I downloaded Digital Editions from Adobe, He was not able to help me out. I really really need to be able to use DE on this computer before Friday. Could you allow me at least one more activation please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the case #?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number is: case #0181225740

Case #0181225740

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The case is open and is currently marked as "Pending Customer Action"  (since Tuesday).  This usually means that support requested information from you (such as AdobeID and/or the exact and complete text of the error message) that is needed to resolve the issue.  I would suggest that you provide support the needed information to support so that they can resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I updated my Case. I had just seen others get their solution from the forum. I hope they provide more/reset my activations because this is getting a little tedious...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Lester, I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but once again, it looks like my case has not been checked since I updated it. Is there anyway you could please allow me one more activation. I desperately need access to this book. Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you already noted in your PM your activation got reset on Friday at 2pm.  This was done by Tech Support (I've been out for the past couple of days), in the normal course of things.  For everyone else, while the elapsed time was just over 2 days, the time actually spent waiting on Support was just about 24 hours.  The moral of the story is that you can increase the response time by promptly responding to questions from the support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I am having the same issue. My kobo stopped connecting to adobe digital editions 4.0, the books came up black on my ereader and kept saying that I don't have access.  So I did some research and turns out kobo isn't compatible with 4.0 (although it had been working fine for about a month), so I uninstalled it and then tried.  Now it is saying that I don't have permission to copy the book and then to check my activation. 

I know that the proper way to deal with this is to submit a web request, but for some reason I am unable.  Each time I try it brings me here (Authorization request | Launch, activation reset | 4.0 | Windows) and then when I click "contact us" it says I must use the forums to answer my question.  If you can't help me that is okay, but could you let me know who can?  I am unable to read any books I have bought or borrowed on my kobo. 

Thanks!

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lester I have 3 Students that keep getting the same error.

Is there any talk about a fix to this? I have to support of 750 students this year and next year it will grow another 200+ students. Is there a way you can help me reset there accounts they already made case numbers but the response from the support is so slow and these students really need there e-books for studying. If you can let me know I can e-mail you their IDs. Thank You so much for your help they need to recognize your great and rapid support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lester I have 3 Students that keep getting the same error.

Is there any talk about a fix to this? I have to support of 750 students this year and next year it will grow another 200+ students. Is there a way you can help me reset there accounts they already made case numbers but the response from the support is so slow and these students really need there e-books for studying. If you can let me know I can e-mail you their IDs. Thank You so much for your help they need to recognize your great and rapid support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Jim

I apologize for bothering you. I found this post where you could help with the "To many activations issue". My wife was downloading 2 books from the local library yesterday and after the first downloaded she got a popup saying there were to many activations and now she cant do anything. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this like these others you addressed?

If you can help im not sure what information you need.

Her email is  sfayette@bellsouth.net

Thanks

Jim Fayette

ftcjim@bellsouth.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines