Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 4 errors out on recording

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a long time user of Captivate and have been using Captivate 4 since it came out.  I am running a Dell Precision Workstation M6400 with 3GB RAM, Windows XP Pro with SP 3, Intel 2.6 gHz processor.  I also have the latest patches for Windows and Captivate installed.

I am a heavy user of Captivate.  In fact a day does not go by that I am not using it.  I have been working on a project for a client.  I was able to shoot about 45 slides, edit the text captions, and added some audio.  I saved the project, closed it, and exited Captivate.  When I came back from lunch, I started Captivate, opened the project, entered Edit mode, selected the last slide (45) in my project and hit the record button to capture some additional slides.  I captured about 10 more slides and ended the recording process.

I got the progress window saying the slides were importing and then I get the old "Captivate has experienced an error and will now close" error.

I have recreated the preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate 4 - 3 times, applied the lastest Captivate patch 3 times, repaired the registry table, and did all the system disk utilities I have.  I have a very fast and clean running laptop, but Captivate 4 still generates the same error.  I can no longer record either for an existing project or a new one.  The error always occurs after a recording session, regardless of the recording type.  During the importing of slides, it bombs out.

All my projects are in Captivate 4, so I can't even go back to an earlier version.  Anyone else having a similar problem.  My projects are gonna go overdue  if I can't get this fixed.  Any help from anyone would be awesome.  I am willing to try anything at this point.  I am attaching the detailed error report that it sends to Microsoft.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello eLearner68,

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with Adobe Captivate 4. In this first instance I would suggest that you review the technote I have included below.

<a href="http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404171.html"><strong>Troubleshoot system errors and freezes (Adobe Captivate 4 on XP)</strong></a>

If this technote does not help address this issue then please report the crash to the Captivate team using the web address I have included below.

<a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5"><strong>Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form</strong></a>

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks.  I have followed the tech document with no solution to my problem.  The bug report link takes me to a page that doesn't exist when I submit my information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I completely started over. I was able to get all my screen captures completed.  I was about 50% of the way through the first one.  I was adding text captions and some click boxes on certain slides.  All of a sudden, I am getting the error "Adobe Captivate has encountered a problem and needs to close" - the same error as before.  Now I am getting it when I try to import slides, add captions, or add a click box.  What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you please post the source file somewhere so that I can take a look? Also, if you send me a private message I would be more than happy to report this issue to the Adobe Captivate team directly. I'll also check to see why the bugs form is not working correctly.

Thanks - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use a service where I can send you the source file, but I need an email address.  Please send me a private message with your email address so I can send you the file.  Thank you so very much for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just to let you know that I have sent you a private message.

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having problems with several of my captivate 4 files. I can not insert a blank slide, I import the information to another project. I can not record without Adobe Crashing.  Can someone help as I was was one recording away from a project sign off and I do not want to recreate my work as it would take to long... Please someone help. My email is elle_lain@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the patch (Help, Updates in Captivate)?

In case your file is really corrupt, you could try to make a blank file (same dimensions) and copy the slides to this new file. You could also try to import them, but if it is really corrupt, copying and pasting is somehow safer.

Hope it works,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If your Captivate project is corrupt and you are unable to work with it, Captivate creates a backup Captivate file in the same location.

Please check the location where you have saved your Captivate project. You should see a backup file with extension ".bkp" at the same location. Please rename it and try to open the same in Captivate-4. Check if this helps.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources