• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underscores in WebHelp Search Results

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp7 in TCS1 to create an online doc in WebHelp. Most of my topic titles are more than one word, and so whenever I add by reference and generate, the topic title includes underscores (for the spaces).

I've gone through and taken out all of the underscores in the TOC list (from the Topic List pod). Otherwise, whenever I drag a topic into a TOC book, it'll have underscores. By taking them out manually (almost 800 topics), at least the TOC and index look okay (no underscores) when I generate. However, the search results all have underscores.

I can't go to Tools>Options and uncheck "Use underscores in file names" because the generated help is being used in Windows and UNIX systems. If I uncheck that checkbox, it'll leave the spaces in the filenames.

I've followed a few threads about this same problem, and one post comments that TCS2 solves this, while another post says it doesn't. Peter Grainge suggests using Zoom Search. I'd like, though, to first know if TCS2 really does solve the underscore problem. Peter's site says that RoboHelp8, in TCS2, has solved a lot of the search problems. So does it solve the underscore problem?

Has anyone else figured out how to remove the underscores from the search results?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the links to the the threads? I recall testing something for someone but I would like to see the specifics. If I recall correctly, it was something to do with how things got created when importing from Word.

The search problems were separate to this issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here's the link. In post #11, it's stated that TCS2 fixed the bug, but then #12 says that it still exists. Thanks for the help.

Totally confused,

dan

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2047206#2047206

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what to say. In Katie's project, which seems to be your problem, I tested it in TCS 1 and TCS 2 and the latter fixed it. I didn't work on the other project so not sure why that was different.

In this situation I would recommend you install TCS 2 on another machine to satisfy yourself it works for you too.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp