• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to allow my local Flex projects to communicate with remote cfcs

Enthusiast ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to allow my local Flex projects to communicate with remote cfcs that are hosted on an external server.

For example I usually develop my flex apps locally and upload them to a server for testing. If could do the above I could have just have one database to test and run live data.

How to I set up my services-config.xml to do this. Is this something I should set up in Flex builder?

TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up your project in flex builder to connect to the remote server instead of the local one. Also, you could add remote database as a datasource in the cold fusion administrator for the localhost; this would allow you to have single database for testing and production. Personally i like to have my localhost mirroring the production server this allows me to test localy and make sure that everything is working properly before publishing to the live server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it easy to mirror an external ms sql to an internal ms sql server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation