Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Media Encoder & Firewire

Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Live Media Encoder claims that it can encode video from a firewire connection.  Does it also encode audio from the same firewire connection?  I've been told that past versions encoded video only.  Can someone clarify this for me?  Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  You can either choose "audio" or "no audio" for audio options.

2.  It is necessary to encode the audio and video through the firewire input because if you use video firewire and audio from soundcard there is going to be latency issues with the audio not synced up with the video.  It gets worse over the length of the time of streaming.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Windows or FME to even see the DV camera using i.Link. USB works fine, but not IEEE1994. Suggestions?

Windows XP Pro SP3. Sony DCR-TRV19. FME 3.x. Flash Media Interactive Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Is this a laptop you are using?

2.  Do you have any video editing software that you could use to try and recognize the camera?  This is only for troublshooting whether it's the comp or the software not recognizing your camera.

3.  Do you have any wbcams that may be overriding the computer trying to locate a capture device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot locate the Sony editing software and will look for something. But this is a desktop with an integrated firewire port. When trying to use a Windows Hotfix it warns me that the driver is already current. No other devices are trying to use the camera.

Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:07:32 -0700

To: bobricci@hotmail.com

Subject: Flash Media Encoder & Firewire

1. Is this a laptop you are using?

2. Do you have any video editing software that you could use to try and recognize the camera? This is only for troublshooting whether it's the comp or the software not recognizing your camera.

3. Do you have any wbcams that may be overriding the computer trying to locate a capture device?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines