Expand my Community achievements bar.

Users saving half completed forms

Level 1

I have set up my enquiry form which our users complete and submit to me via a butoon (XML).  they are mainly using adobe reader to view the form.  If they are half way through the form and they wish to save it and continue filling it in later they cannot do this.  They can only submit it to me half completed as XML.

Is there a way they can save the form and come back to it later and continue filling it in?

Many thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Reader does not allow a local save by deafult. You can activate this in Reader by Reader Extending the form. You can open the form in Acrobat and under the Advanced menu choose Extend Features in Adobe Reader. Run through the wizard and take th eresulting PDF and send that around.

Note that you are limited to 500 users doing it this way.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul.

Could you just clarify the bit about 500 users.  If each user is saving the form and using it over and over (submitting it everytime they have a new enquiry) does this count as one user, or is it everytime they submit the form?

i.e. can 500 people use this form (with the save option) over and over again, or is it just the first 500 times the form can submited when it can be saved?

Many thanks

Former Community Member

It is 500 unique users ...so a user open and closing many times is considered 1....the information is in the license agreement.

Paul