Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation Formats are Weird

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter or Anyone else,

I have a serious problem when generating a PDF or Word documentation from my RoboHelp 8 HTML project. The PDF and Word documents loose the formatting and fonts and bulleting appear in a weird format.

I have attached my .css style sheet. This is urgent as I have to produce my final documentation very soon and I cannot manually format the word doc.

Also can someone tell me why sometimes when I am generating a Print Document does it fail to generate the entire document and goes into a loop of only 2-3 topics.

thanks

Lina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post one of your topics, or a mock up one if the content is a state secret, so that I can look at both in a project later.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Here are two HTML file topics of mine.

Thanks for helping out in advance!

regards

Lina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I will import those into a project later using your CSS. Give me a few hours.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are missing images. Best thing is for you to create a new project and import those two topics into it. Generate the printed output to check it is still wrong. If it is, then zip that lot up and attach it to an email to me. You can get my address from my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lina

I haven't received anything from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

When I created a new project and imported files into it and generated a print doc in Word, I see the formats all consistent. I am confused now. Why is my other project not working well. Actually that project was created in X5 and I am using the same project in RH 8 after upgrading it. Also I created a new CSS and have attached it to the project. Is that why it is causing problems?

If I have to import HTML files to a new project, does it have to be imported one by one? Or can I import many HTMLs at once?

Thanks a lot for your help. Attached the new project in this post.

Regards

Lina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the elves have started their weekend early.

To rebuild the project you have to create the directories manually but you can then select all the topics in one folder and import those in one hit. If you don't have too many folders, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

You can probably also open the hhk and hhc files in a text editor and cheat the contents from the old project to the new one. Back up first though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I created a test project out of the project that I am working on. Please

find attachd the zip file as requested.

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Regards

Lina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No file attached. I don't think zip is allowed. Send it via my site as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp