Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms for submitting feedback

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a newbie to forms. I have created a topic that contains a form for users to submit feedback. The Action for the form is mailto: followed by the address. I've published the WebHelp project to the Web server but when I test it by entering some text for the feedback and click the Submit button, the email never arrives. Also, when I tested it on another computer, it brings up the Internet connection wizard.

I just want a form that upon clicking submit, the email is sent to the specified address. Don't I need to enter the SMTP address somewhere?

Any direction (or code supplied) would be greatly appreciated. The online help doesn't have any info.

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't use a form for our mailto action. See the attached code for what we have in an external JavaScript file at the root of our merged project, and what we have at the bottom of each topic.

Note that the location.href in the .js file also pulls in the path and filename so that the user only has to type the comment where the cursor is.

Edit this to your heart's content!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Leon. It's much appreciated. I will try this solution out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp