• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make the TOC start collapsed?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now when my project starts up and plays the TOC is expanded.  How can I make it start off collapsed?

Thanks,

Jason

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried using TOC in overlay mode? You can do that from Project >> TOC >> Settings and click on Overlay type under style. When you start viewing your project, it will appear collapsed.

Thanks,

Thejas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no way to collapse the whole TOC, or groups in the TOC. The only system variable for TOC is cpLockTOC, which enables possible interactions by the user with the TOC. If this interaction is enabled, the user can collapse groups of items in the TOC. Myself, I also want to be able to choose the level of collapsing, perhaps you could join me by introducing a feature request to the developing Captivate team?
If you want you can choose Overlay mode, but I suppose that this not really what you meant by the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, there is no way to do this??   rick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I believe the question has been answered. Thejas answered by saying you may configure Overlay mode. That would seem to come closest to what you are asking for.

Have you tried that? If so, what is it you didn't like about it?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources