• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching RH8 from Task Manager

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded and installed RH8 but can only launch it from the "New Task" button on the Task Manager. I've tried the Start/Run feature copying the exact same file/path (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe) as the one on the Task Manager that works....but nothing happens. I've tried clicking the RH8 HTML icon, but no luck and I've also tried locating the exe file on the RH directory and double-clicking....still no luck.

This isn't a big deal, but I'd like to know what's so different about the Task Manager.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to save some time for the smart people, I'll ask for a little more information:

1. What version of Windows are you using?

2. What are your permissions? Are you still an administrator for this PC? (I know you had Administrator privileges at one time, because you used them to install RH8.)

I don't think anything is special about Task Manager per se, but there might be something off about your install. Or some overzealous security software might be restricting your ability to run .exe files from the other locations. It's certainly not normal behavior!

I'm sure the gurus on this forum will have better advice, but if you can provide the info above, it may help you get a more useful answer sooner.

e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.....I'm using Windows XP Professional and, yes, I still have Admin privileges....I've tried to repair/re-install at least 3 times, but I still get the same result.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curieus...

Can you start RoboHelp from the cmd or from a .bat file? (Not a command line option to create output, but start the executable from windows cmd)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks! P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From CMD:

Go to Start, Run, CMD, press ENTER

Go to the installation directory of RoboHelp, such as: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML

Type: 'C:' (without quotes) press ENTER

Type: 'cd Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML'

Start RoboHelp HTML

Type: 'RoboHTML.exe' press ENTER

From .bat

Create a new file in notepad and save with a .bat extension.

Paste the following code (change the drive and the path when nessecary, and include the double quotes):

C:

cd "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\"

start RoboHtml.exe

Save again and run by double clicking the .bat file

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMD:

Couldn't get past step 2..get error (see attachment)

.BAT: Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's no attachement to your post. Please attach through the forum, not per mail.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, my bad:

Do the following:

Type 'C:' press ENTER

Type 'cd\' press ENTER

- You should now be in C:\>

Type 'cd Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML' press ENTER

Type 'RoboHTML.exe' and press ENTER

This should do it.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see this attachment, instead....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of RoboHelpHTML.exe, use RoboHTML.exe.

The system can't find the file, since the file you want to run is called RoboHTML.exe

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A small request please. I'm not sure why everyone seems to opt for the attachment option for images. It's a lot more helpful if you insert them inline using the Camera icon.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick...will do in the future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see my mistake....try this one last attachment....there is no error message and nothing happens....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm,

When RoboHelp won't start, do you see the process RoboHTML.exe in the process tab of the task manager? Close all running instances of RoboHelp    before checking this.

Can you try the following:

- Create a new shortcut on your desktop, and let it point to RoboHTML.exe, just like a regular shortcut.

- Now go to the properties of your shortcut (right click | Properties) and go to the tab Shortcut (If i translate correct)

- Go to 'Start in' and set the directory "C:\Windows\System32"

- Click OK and try to run RoboHelp from the shortcut.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when I run RH from the "New Task" option in Task Manager does it display on the Process Tab.

I tried creating the new shortcut and changing the Start directory, but nothing happens when I run it....so sorry...are you ready to give up yet?

Thanks for your patience and perserverance!

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm,

What happens if you click Start, Run and run the following command: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\RoboHtml.exe" (no quotes)?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens...no Robohtml.exe in the Task Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting a long shot,

Perhaps your user profile has been corrupted in some way. If someone else logs into your PC, can he start RoboHelp 'the normal way'?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all out of ideas, except for a  fresh clean Windows install That's all I can think off, sorry.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for trying, Willam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp