Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with shortcuts and IE8

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the next problem. I’m using captivate 3 but I have also tried with captivate 4. I’m developing a software simulation and I’m using shortcuts within the click boxes. The problem is that with IE 8 don’t work the shortcuts. They work perfectly with IE 6, IE7 and Firefox but not in IE 8.

Do you know what could be the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks

Carlos

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Quick question here. If you just click once anywhere on the movie in the browser, do the shortcuts work then?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Which keyboard shortcuts are you using? I just tried attaching some keyboard shortcuts to some click boxes in a training simulation and when I publish and test in IE8 I can move to the next slide using the keyboard shortcuts I applied to my click boxes.

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick and Mark,

Rick: Don't. It doesn't work if I click on the movie.

Mark: The attached shortcuts i am using are just keys (letters) as A, B, D etc. Im not using F1 or F2 keys. But I'm now thinking in positive knowing that it works to you. The question is what to do to make it work!!

Can you tell me exactly how you configurate a click box?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karlos

My reason for asking about first clicking is because in IE normally the Flash object has focus straight away. But in Firefox, you first have to click the Flash object on the page to shift focus there before a keyboard shortcut will work. I wondered if IE8 was changing this playing field.

Configuring a Click Box is simple. You insert the Click Box, then choose the action. For the shortcut, you click the Select keys... button and enable things via the "Attach a shortcut" check box. Then you choose the keys and/or modifiers you want.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks rick,

I knew that issue, but here it is not the problem because a can do everything with the cativate file including adding text entry box and everything works fine except the attached shortcuts.

I know how to confiruate a click box but i was wondering if maybe some of the actions you can add to the click box as "allow mouse clicks" or "Include Numeric keys" were interfering in the right functionality of the click box.

Mark: What Cativate version do you use?

Thanyou both again

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karlos,

I am using CP4 and I attached the Right and Left arrow keys to a couple of click boxes. When I published and opened the accompanying HTML the keyboard shortcuts seemed to work fine in IE8.

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources