• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 Stylesheet Error

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded a RoboHelp 6 project to Robohelp 8. The CSS file I'm using was fine with all prior versions of RH (used with RHX5, RH6. and RH7).

Now in RH8, whenever I edit topic text, I get the error message that is attached. None of the styles in my customized CSS begin with a number or have spaces. Only standard CSS naming conventions are used.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thanks!

Paul Masalsky

EMC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you willing to share the CSS so that I can see if I get the same error?

Is it whenever you edit any text regardless of style or just one style?

The message does not appear until you edit, that is it does not appear as soon as you open the topic?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, the stylesheet is attached. Thank you for your offer to help.

The error occurs whenever a style is applied or when the "return" key is pressed after applying a style. It does not appear when a topic is opened.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get the error after using certain styles, such as EMCNumber1 and emcsyntax. Adding P in your style sheet before the style .EMCNumber1 and .emcsyntax solved it in a test project.

I would seem that RoboHelp cannot understand (it's own) next item syntax correctly when your classes are not linked to a tag, such as P, A, OL, and so on. Even though your style sheet is correct.

I think that the easiest solution is to open your style sheet in an external editor and add a tag for every referenced class that gives you problem. Judging from your style sheet, you use (almost) all these classes as paragraphs, so all your topics should work fine. If you use a class for several elemens, such as paragrahps and spans, you can create duplicates, such as P.EMCNumber1 and SPAN.EMCNumber1.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this very helpful answer. You are right, it looks like I must add element designations to class styles, and duplicate those class styles for each element that uses them.

This style sheet worked fine for previous versions of RoboHelp. Looks like RH8 is more picky. 

Thank you again!!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You may know this already, but in case you don't:

Before you do too much work, to easily create duplicate styles, don't copy the styles. Instead, set the styles on the same line and separate with a comma:

P.EMCNumber1, SPAN.EMCNumber1

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp