• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraphs being reordered (bullets involved as usual)

Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know why RoboHelp is rearranging my paragraphs so that all the bullets on a page are grouped together in Help whereas in the manual they are separated by normal paragraphs. For example, this text in the manual:

CAD plans typically require editing and restructuring before they are suitable for importing into the <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>; this process is termed 'cleaning' Two main types of CAD are used within <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>:

• Presentation CAD
  • Simulation CAD

Presentation CAD lines provide useful contextual information about the pedestrian venue but they are not true obstacles; examples include:

• Text
  • Stair flights and landings
  • Escalator landings, comb lines and work points

Presentation CAD can also provide useful reference points for object snaps when creating and placing Activity Objects.
Simulation CAD lines represent objects that are genuine obstacles to pedestrians; examples include:

• Walls
  • Balustrades and railings
  • Ticket gates
  • Windows
  • Door leaves
  • Furniture
  • Vehicles

Ends up like this in the Help:

Using CAD

CAD plans typically require editing and restructuring before  they are suit­able for importing into the <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>; this process is termed  'cleaning' Two main types of CAD are used within <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>:

• Presentation CAD

• Simulation CAD

• Text

• Stair flights and landings

• Escalator landings, comb lines and work points

• Walls

• Balustrades and railings

• Ticket gates

• Windows

• Door leaves

• Furniture

• Vehicles

Presentation CAD lines provide useful contextual information  about the pedestrian venue but they are not true obstacles; examples  include:

Presentation CAD can also provide useful reference points for  object snaps when creating and placing Activity Objects.

Simulation CAD lines represent objects that are genuine  obstacles to pedestrians; examples include:

As you can imagine it's driving me crazy. It happens throught a very large help file. All I know how to do right now is edit the HTML pages from inside RoboHTML, which is far from ideal. Anyone know how I can get Robohelp to respect the position of the paragraphs automatically?

The HTML for the erroneous copy is as follows:

<h1><a name=TOC_Preparing_a_CAD_plan></a><a name=XREF_Preparing_a_CAD_plan></a>Preparing
a CAD plan</h1>
<p class=FM_Body>CAD plans typically require editing and restructuring
before they are suit­able for importing into the <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>; this process
is termed 'cleaning' Two main types of CAD are used within <Content replaced by forum moderator at user's request>:</p>
<ul><li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Presentation CAD</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Simulation CAD</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Text</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Stair flights and landings</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Escalator landings, comb
lines and work points</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Walls</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Balustrades and railings</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Ticket gates</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Windows</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Door leaves</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Furniture</p></li>
    <li class=p-FM_Bulleted><p class=FM_Bulleted>Vehicles</p></li>
</ul>
<p class=FM_Body>Presentation CAD lines provide useful contextual information
about the pedestrian venue but they are not true obstacles; examples include:</p>
<p class=FM_Body>Presentation CAD can also provide useful reference points
for object snaps when creating and placing Activity Objects.</p>
<p class=FM_Body>Simulation CAD lines represent objects that are genuine
obstacles to pedestrians; examples include:</p>

Cheers, Sabu

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Removed specific references at request of SABU66.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your incorrect HTML, the paragraphs are placed after your list, so they should be displayed after your list, as you have already noticed yourself. This makes me wonder how you create the lists with paragraphs between them.

What should work: Create a list and when you're done, pres ENTER twice. This will end your list. Choose your paragraph style and after your paragraph create a new list (use the Create a bulleted list button).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes all is displayed as the automatically generated HTML dictates. I'm wondering why it does it in this way. The manual just has sequential paragraph tags, so in the original it goes something like:

Body

Bullets

Bullets

Body

Bullets

Bullets

Body

Bullets

Bullets

But the generated code seems to group all the bullets together and stick the Body tags at the end. I really don't know why. As far as I can tell there's no other way of composing the text in Framemaker that would avoid this problem. Perhaps I can try some mapping and unmapping of styes; that sometimes helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, do you know how I can edit my original post? I only seem to have the Reply button.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unless you have forum moderation capabilities, you cannot edit a post after a certain time elapses or once it's been replied to.

If you can tell us what you wish to edit, one of the moderators here can make the edit for you. (I'm one of many different forum moderators)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and thanks,

I'm going to send you a message.

Best, Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp