• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sony reader not in bookshelf

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a Sony ereader PRS 300. I have authorized my computer  and downloaded ADE. My reader does not appear in the bookshelf sec

tion and I am unable to move my downloade files to my reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem. I am running a Mac. No way to authorize. No way to authorize my ereader, ADE does not see the reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the Sony Readers are supported by ADE on the Mac (ADE hasn't been updated to use the new Sony Drivers on the mac, yet).  Please use the Sony Library software (v 3.0) instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works.

I used a pc windows to install the reader and authorize the reader to my ADE account. It works.

Now I can use my MAC to move my books using the reader as a hard drive. Still the reader does not appear in my ADE but apprently I can move the books using the reader as a hard drive and read it there (I said apprently because I have done but they were books previously transfered with my pc and later deleted. So I can not be sure. But my guess is that it will work).

Now I will need to find out if I can transfer my bookmarks, reading position, etc without ADE but I can live without this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it is working. I do recommend you check out Calibre. I am very happy with my reader now that I can download from fictionary, e-books etc...Oct 13, 2009 03:54:34 PM, clearspace-848886302-512330-2-2312618@mail.forums.adobe.com wrote:===========================================Thanks, it works.I used a pc windows to install the reader and authorize the reader to my ADE account. It works.Now I can use my MAC to move my books using the reader as a hard drive. Still the reader does not appear in my ADE but apprently I can move the books using the reader as a hard drive and read it there (I said apprently because I have done but they were books previously transfered with my pc and later deleted. So I can not be sure. But my guess is that it will work). Now I will need to find out if I can transfer my bookmarks, reading position, etc without ADE but I can live without this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mac you will need to use the ebook software from sony, ADE does not support the reader device =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problem running a MAC. I was in the chat yesterday with Sony support and they said I should contact Adobe support. Sony doe snot take any responsability on this the most they say it is that the reader is the last product launched and Adobe maybe does not supported yet. Obviously the marketing department works much faster than the technology department!

Anyway please post if a solution is found. I am lucky enough to have bought it yesterday so paying a fee of $30 I can step out and return my Sony reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway: This is what I did, I have windows Vista. When I downloaded ADE, it created a file in my "programs" file. I think you can choose where it shows up. When you download a book it goes to this file, I then lucked into discovering Calibre:http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/. I downloaded this program and it works great. With this program you can choose your books from any downloaded books on your hard drive. In this case ADE. Once loaded to Calibre it has a file converter for the Sony reader and I have not have it fail yet. A little convoluted. Let me know if you get this message and whether it helps.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find where to post on ADE forum,  I click reply, a screen comes up but I cannot find an area that allows me to type? Anyway:  This is what I did, I have windows Vista. When I downloaded ADE, it created a file in my "programs" file. I think you can choose where it shows up. When you download a book it goes to this file,  I then lucked into discovering Calibre: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/. I downloaded this program and it works great. With this program you can choose your books from any downloaded books on your hard drive. In this case ADE.  Once loaded to Calibre it has a file converter for the Sony reader and I have not have it fail yet. A little convoluted. Let me know if you get this message and whether it helps.

Mike

Add: could not post with safari or opera. Google chrome worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is pretty important.  Why doesn't the reader show up in ADE?  It did the first time I plugged it in to authorize it!

Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my PRS 505 for some time and it has been working well with ADE, showing up in the Library view as a bookshelf. I have now had my pc re-installed to speed it up, and now the PRS is not shown in ADE. I can use the "Add item to library" function to import the books from the PRS (it just works as an external harddrive), but it frustrating to have to use this work-around. I run pc, Windows XP and the latest firmware of PRS as well as ADE 1.7.1. Any help anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall the Sony EBL software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. It's ok. I am using Calibre.

thanks

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2010 Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just received my PRS-300 last night and came across the same problem of not being able to copy a book from ADE to the Reader. After tinkering around with it a little I ended up using the Sony Library to copy the book on my Mac OS X. Here's what worked for me.

Adobe Digital Editions was already installed on my Mac, but after connecting the reader nothing happened so:

1) I installed the Sony Library software from their website, it asked me to reboot, and afterwards asked if I wanted to link all eBook file formats to the Library software which I agreed to

2) I simply double clicked the original download file for the eBook, and instead of the ADE, the Sony Library software popped up, adding the book to the Sony library.

3) Now I had me DRM protected book in the Sony Library software, and of course Sony recognized my PRS-300. I moved the book over to the reader and it's done.

The issue here is that ADE does not recognize the PRS-300, but this is how I got around that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines