• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading RoboHelp

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, my version of RoboHelp was upgraded from 5 to 7. I had Help projects that were in the Web Help format that upgraded fine, but I have a big Help project that's in HTML format that is having problems upgrading. I'm being told that all the files needing to be upgraded cannot be checked out. These are: RHFrameDocs.apj, RHFrameStyleMappings.apj, rhsnippet.apj, & rhvariable.apj.

Any idea what happened? I know I didn't delete them, so I'm not sure how they came to be missing. Is this a common problem when upgrading these types of projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are files that did not exist in X5. RH doesn't always manage to convert the project correctly to account for these files. However, you should be able to manually create the files RH is looking for, as follows.

First, make a backup copy of your project.

Next, with the project closed, use Notepad to create the 4 missing files with the content below. (Note: the lines starting with ** are for identification only and should NOT be included in the files.) All of these files reside at the root level of the project.

After you've created these files, you should be able to open your project OK. If you have trouble, close the project, delete the cpd file, and try again.

Good luck!
G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any "content below". I need a clean copy of RHFrameDocs.apj because RH8 won't open my RH7 project without it (and possibly others). I never had such a file in my RH7 project, as far as I can see.

Thanks.

Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen

Didn't you see the content Gravenstein posted?

Just kidding of course. Looks like that part was missed.

In thinking about this, it might be simplest to create a new blank project, then just copy the missing files to your project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. RH8 still reports that it can't read RHFrameDocs.apj.

Are there any other "temp"-type files (besides the CPD file) that I could try deleting, the RH8 will recreate when I convert the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using source control. Have you tried checking out your entire project before upgrading? I've noticed RH can sometimes get a little confused trying to checkout and upgrade at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The joys of covering the same problem in two threads. The answer to Eileen's problem may have started in source control but a solution has been found.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2312324#2312324

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp