• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply Conditional Build Tags to Index Keywords?

Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has a bespoke module for a specific customer in their software. There is a common Help Topic with conditional build tags applied to content, so that one Layout is for the standard product, and the Help excludes all mention of the bespoke material, and the other layout includes text on the bespoke module. This works well, except for the Index Keywords for the bespoke stuff, which still appear in the Index for the standard Help Guide.

Any ideas anyone? How do I tag index keywords so they are excluded from a defined Layout?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008
Hi Phillip

In addition to my colleague Peter's response, are you using RoboHelp 7? If so, I believe we may now apply a condition to a single index term in the Index designer pod. I don't recall if that capability was introduced in Adobe RoboHelp 6, but it may be there as well.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what multiple indexes in RH7 are for.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, So that's what they're for!
(I don't know if you ever used ForeHelp, but the Index tags were inserted immediately next to their tagged text, so that they were automatically included within the boundaries of the Conditional Build Tags. This also had the benefit that when exporting to Word, the Index at the back gave reference to the actual page number, not the page number of the beginning of the topic. Quite useful; I was thinking along those lines...)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip

In addition to my colleague Peter's response, are you using RoboHelp 7? If so, I believe we may now apply a condition to a single index term in the Index designer pod. I don't recall if that capability was introduced in Adobe RoboHelp 6, but it may be there as well.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick,

Thank you! Yes, I use RH7, and that method is SO much tidier than trying to work with multiple indices; the screen is cluttered up enough already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp