Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Doesn't Capture Screen Toast

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We developed an application that notifies users of changes with a screen toast. We went to use captivate to begin developing training material and Captivate does NOT capture the screen toast??!! I'm doing full screen captures which works great as it captures mouse action, the entire desktop, audio, everything BUT the screen toast???

What am I missing??

JB

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried using the Print Screen key?

I'm uncertain about exactly what a "Screen Toast" is. Can you please capture an image of the feature and insert it into a post using the Camera icon so we might fathom what you are expecting to see?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen toast is a windows form with a pretty skin. For some reason during Capture they toast appears as it should but Captivate does not get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Thanks for the example. Almost thought you didn't supply one as it wasn't visible straight away. Then noticed you elected to attach instead of using the Camera. But at least we can see what you are talking about!

So you taught an old dog a new term. I'd never heard of Screen Toast prior to today.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is occurring in a "layered" window. I don't believe Captivate captures these beasties. You also see it when you try to capture some full motion clips. As these sometimes appear in layered windows, all you get in Captivate is a blank area where you expected to see the video.

Assuming you are able to capture the area using something like SnagIt, you could insert the "toast" as a separate image object and time accordingly or possibly merge into the background after properly placing it.

You should also report this as a bug to Adobe. (Link for doing that is in my sig line.)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZZPluralZA,

Are you able to get the screen toast ( Rick, i have to admit even I have heard this term for the first time ) of Outlook with FMR in Adobe Captivate. Btw what version of Captivate are you using?

-Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find the solution to this? I am having the SAME problem with a form - using Captivate 4. It is getting all the other recording but missing this part of the form that opens up ---- i really need a solution to this problem!!! Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As Rick pointed out earlier, the best way to ensure you get a screen event is to use the Print Screen key. In addition you could also check to see if the option Capture interim screenshot is enabled int the Preferences (Edit > Preferences > Recording > Settings) as shown in the screen shot I have included below.

Interim screen capture.gif

HTH

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources