Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Add Header and Footer to appear on every page

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robo Help 7 for generating Help pages. I have to import a wrod document an publish it as online web help html document. I have query as to how added header and footer be configured to reflect on each and every page. I am using Robohelp for first time and tried various options, but am unable to get the above done.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallavi.

The easiest way to do this would be to create a template file that you can assign to your RH topics. In RH7 I think you set these up in the Project Set-Up pod (sorry but I don't have access to that version). They are still called templates I think in RH7 as they were renamed Master Pages in RH8. If you right click on that folder you can create a new template file. This opens in a tab in which you can specify the header and footer you want. Then just go into the topic properties and assign that template.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips,  tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I tried doing as said. I ll describe in detail the steps I had taken:

1. Create new Web Help pro Project.

2. In the Project Set up view, create new template, add the header and footer and save it.

3. Create a New topic throuhg the template and in the Properties section, assign it to the template file created.

4. Through the Project manager pod, right click on Topic created, and Import Word document.

5. Generate the output through Web Help Pro.

The generated output shows only the Topic Htm with Header and Footer first, and then topics created do not have the header and Footer. Do I need to assign the template to every topic created after inporting the Word document? I tried doing that as well, but no success.

Let me know if I need to do anything different.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallavi.

You do indeed need to assign the template file to your RH topics after you have imported them. When you say you've had no success, can you give us some more detail of what is happening? Is the template being assigned to each topic? Does a topic preview display the template correctly?

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to view the Preview through the Properties tab, it shows me the default topic created. After output generation, The topics do not show up the header and footer. I am not sure, does this mean the template isnt asigned correctly? Is there a way wherein I can asign the template to all the imported topics at one go?

Thanks,

Pallavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Display your Topic List pod. Press Ctrl+A to select all the topics. Then right-click the selection and choose Properties. From the Properties dialog click the General tab. There you may choose the Template/Master Page. When you click OK all the topics should now be associated with the Template/Master Page.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp