Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Consuming Web Services

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm using CFINVOKE to consume an enterprise web service.  Now, I'm not well versed in web services.  But, from reading the CF documentation on them, you're supposed to be able to use <CFINVOKE...> to access them.  So, on my test page I have:

<cfinvoke webservice="http://domain.xxx/webservice/EnterpriseWebService?WSDL" method="neededMethod" returnVariable="theOutput">      <cfinvokeargument name="input1" value="#myInput#" />

</cfinvoke>

I'm trying to use a method called "neededMethod".  When the <cfinvoke...> tag is reached, I get the following error: coldfusion.jsp.CompilationFailedException: Errors reported by Java compiler: Found 2 semantic errors compiling "/export/jrun4/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/stubs/WS-147004589/EnterpriseWebService/webservice/xxx/gov/us/EnterpriseWebService.java: 13. public EnterpriseWebService.webservice.xxx.gov.us.EnterpriseWebServicePort getEnterpriseWebServicePort() throws javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException; ^--------^ *** Semantic Error: Type "EnterpriseWebService.webservice.xxx.gov.us.EnterpriseWebService$webservice" was not found.  15. public EnterpriseWebService.webservice.xxx.gov.us.EnterpriseWebServicePort getEnterpriseWebServicePort(java.net.URLportAddress) throws javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException; ^--------^ *** Semantic Error: Type "EnterpriseWebService.webservice.xxx.gov.us.EnterpriseWebService$webservice" was not found 8 semantic errors compiling "/export/jrun4/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/stubs/WS-147004589/EnterpriseWebService....

I looked at the Java files in the referenced directories.  They seem to be generated by something called Axis. But, compiling these fail. Is there something in the CF admin that I can tweak?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I noticed is that your web service url does not have a file extension.  To see if this matters, try to browse to the wsdl page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response.  When I go to the WSDL URL in a browser, an XML file is returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place your wsdl on your URL browser, and at the bottom of the output, there should be a an http pointing to your webserver. Make sure that your server domain or IP address is listed on the http pointer. If not, then correct and run.

Try that, and see how it goes.

HTH.

Melvin T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation