• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7- WebHelp Pro setting destination for RH Server 8

Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to set the RH Server 8 "area" in the Destination window using RH7 and WebHelp Pro layout but there's not field available. Because of this, the default is always the "general" area, which means I cannot separate out my 4-5 projects for reporting purposes using the Access database.

FYI - The same is true for FlasHelp Pro layout using RH7 and RH8 (which I'm testing). However, in RH8, you can specify the area if you're using WebHelp Pro as primary layout.

Since I'm not allowed to switch to RH8 at this time because of internal procedures, I want to publish my projects using WebHelp Pro layout in RH7. Is there any way to plug the server area into the project without having to redo the set up every time?

RH8 WebHelp Pro edit destination window with area selection.gif

RH7 WebHelp Pro edit destination window no area.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all check that you have the RH 7.0.3 patch installed. If you haven't you won't be able to publish to RH Server 8.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips,  tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the last patch installed 7.03.001.  I've been publishing to RHServer 8 from RoboHelp 7 without a problem using WebHelp Pro. So I don't know why the Destination window is different from RH7 to RH8 when you select WebHelp Pro as the primary layout.

Also, I'm really concerned about FlashHelp Pro not prompting for area in RH8. I know that there are issues with FlashHelp Pro in RH7 so that's why I've switched my project to WebHelp Pro.The other reason for switching to WebHelp Pro is because the searched topics ranking information shows in the Search window in both RH7 and RH8. When I tested FlashHelp Pro in RH8, the topics are ranked (per Tulika) but you cannot see the ranking info, which is inconsistent and a usability issue. I've reported this a bug to Adobe..

However, if the above problems were fixed so that FlashHelp Pro was consistent with WebHelp Pro, we'd switch back to that layout when finally upgrade to RH8. My manager likes the Flash skins better than the WebHelp Pro ones because they're animated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I dabbled with RH Server 6 I really got going with it on RH Server 8 completely missing RH Server 7 in the process. Therefore I am slightly unsure as to whether the Areas dropdown was ever available in the RH7 WebHelp Pro SSL. Areas are a completely new departure in RH Server 8 so it is possible that even with the latest RH7 patch that the dialog will not allow you to specify an area.

Maybe John can chime in here when he starts work.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that John is facilitating a class as he hasn't yet made an appearance. So maybe near lunchtime but more likely this evening unless he is traveling.

Just speculating on this but as Colum indicated, areas are new to 8 so I'd be shocked to see them being listed as an option in a patched up 7.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp