6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2009 2:07 AM by Crellin Sound

Additional Fonts

Crellin Sound

Hi There,

On installation in the Readme file, there's a note that says there are additional fonts somewhere on the installation disc.  The instructions are as follows.

There are additional fonts on the installation disk.  For information on installing these fonts, see http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_fontinstall_en.

The link in question leads to Microsoft instructions which should work.  However, the method proposed doesn't pick up any fonts on the installation disc.

How can I find the fonts and install them?  I've searched for fonts, but with no luck.

Thanks,

CS

• 1. Re: Additional Fonts
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't get what you mean. What version of AI are you using? Having to install fonts separately must have happened the last time a hundred years ago with version 10 or before. these days that's all done with the main installer, so whatever that would refer to, is probably already there.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Additional Fonts
            Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Mylenium has this correct I think AI 10 was the last version you had to install the fonts yourself.

If it were on a disc it would be on a disk call something like Content.

• 3. Re: Additional Fonts
              Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If I remeber right the suites did mention that in the readme. I do recall accessing a few fonts that were not install along with the suite. So far I have had CS2 production and CS3 Master.

• 4. Re: Additional Fonts
                Crellin Sound Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm using AI CS3.  It says right in the Readme that there are additional fonts.  But I sure can't find them.  I'll check Content like Wade says and see what I find.  But I'm not too hopeful.  I've done searches for Fonts and, so far, found nothing.

Thanks,

CS

• 5. Re: Additional Fonts
                  KC29 Level 3

Crellin Sound wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm using AI CS3.  It says right in the Readme that there are additional fonts.  But I sure can't find them.  I'll check Content like Wade says and see what I find.  But I'm not too hopeful.  I've done searches for Fonts and, so far, found nothing.

Thanks,

CS

You're correct , because I've just looked and found them on my disks.

I'm on CS3 Design Premium, and in the DVD case there are 3 disks. One is called "Application", one is called "Content" and one is "Video Workshop".

Look at > Content > Goodies > Fonts.

I'm seeing "153 items" which are all fonts

• 6. Re: Additional Fonts
                    Crellin Sound Level 1

Hi KC29,

Ahhhh.  I see now.  Thanks for the tip.  I appreciate that.

Wade:  Man-o-man.  You're like the Energizer Bunny.  You've got a lot of energy.  Just about every time I ask a question, you're there.  And that's much appreciated, too.

CS