• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfldap not authenticating

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use our corporate LDAP server to authenticate users to an intranet site. Currently there are 5 different ADs that a user could belong too. Long story short, our company is consolidating to a single AD. So, they have rolled out a test server that I am trying to authenticate against. I am able to authenticate against it using Microsoft's LDP tool, so I know my credentials are good. I am also able to authenticate to the current ldap servers using cfldap, but for whatever reason I keep getting the 'Inappropriate Authentication' message when trying to authenticate against the new test server. Here is my tag:

<cfldap action="query"
name="qryLDAP"
scope="base"
server="test.domain.com"
start="dc=test,dc=domain,dc=com"
attributes="cn"
filter="(cn=Users)"
username="uid"
password="pwd">

I've replaced the dn info with some generic stuff for the sake of this post. The same with the username and password.

Any ideas why I can authenticate using Microsoft's LDP tool, and not with cfldap????

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008
Ok, this was a doh!

Since this is a test server they set up, my AD account was not replicated, so the password was different. Unfortunately they failed to send me my password for my test account. Problem solved, now I can go on vacation!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you check the port number the test server is using?

Try specifically entering the port number and give it another try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, this was a doh!

Since this is a test server they set up, my AD account was not replicated, so the password was different. Unfortunately they failed to send me my password for my test account. Problem solved, now I can go on vacation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation