Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wierd Message When Opening .exe file

Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Call Center is using Captivate 4 for CBT purposes.  We have been using our current .exe files without any problems until now.  In one of our training rooms, 3 different PCs are having troubles opening the .exe files.  I get a message saying "Initializing LMS".  I did not set up our CBT to report anything to an LMS nor do we have an LMS.  This is the first time i've seen this and we have used this same CBT for about a yr now.  I am attaching a screenshot of what we see.  Also, there are several boxes that populate as well.  They seem to look like text boxes that shouldn't be there.  HELLLLP!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So is this just a nuisance? I mean, does this eventually clear and things eventually become usable? Or is it a total show stopper?

Were these EXE files by chance created usng the aggregator application?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total Show stopper.  I tried replacing the files multiple times with no luck.  With regards to using the aggregator, no i did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it!  I just uninstalled everything adobe, then reinstalled the Flash Player and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources