Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PowerPoint --> advance slides without mouse

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A colleague is trying to import her PowerPoint with animations into Captivate 4.  The animations work fine if the screen is clicked, but she wants people to be able to just press the Enter key to make the next animation load like PowerPoint allows.

How do we set this up so that animations set to "on mouse click" also appear when the Enter key is pressed, for example?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You should find that each slide has a Click Box object superimposed on it. Try editing the Click Box (double-click it) and there you should see an option to Set shortcut key. Click the Select Keys button.

tmp1.png

Once you see the dialog, click the Attach a Shortcut check box, choose Enter and click OK.

tmp2.png

Finally, you should see an Apply to all check box. Click that and choose to apply only the Changed properties. This should apply the Enter key as the shortcut to the rest of the Click Boxes.

tmp3.png

Hope this helps you out... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that I LOVE your title of MedievalWench. Just yesterday I was attending a Renaissance Festival here where I live. In full costume!

100_0211.JPG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Awesome outfit!  I also dress up fully when I go to Ren Faires.  A girl's gotta make an appearance! 

My only question with your instructions, which are great, are how do I then have a way for users to go back?  When I insert a Back button, and apply a shortcut key to it, I can then go back, but can no longer press Enter to advance.  I tried inserting a Next button and attached Enter as a shortcut key to it, but it doesn't work.  I have no idea why, and I'm starting to pull my hair out.  The Back button works fine, though.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources