• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet Color

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read numerous discussions about bullets, but I have not yet found a solution to the problem I have encountered. When importing a FrameMaker 9 file into RoboHelp 8, I mapped the fmbullet style to the RoboHelp style.  Unfortunately, the bullets now appear blue with an underline. I want them to match the text – black and without an underline. I can’t seem to get rid of the blue color or the underline.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you only have this markup for 'Framemaker lists', or also for other lists?

Does the style you map to contain the styling you mention?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William:

Thank you for coming to the rescue yet again. I am struggling with a number of RoboHelp formatting issues and bullets are just one of the problems I have yet to resolve.

Currently, I have style named Bullet. RoboHelp has appended a "1" to this style so it is now 1Bullet. When I check the properties for this style it indicates that the bullet style is disc, text underline is off, and the font color is black. However, when the style is applied the bullet is blue and underlined. Also, the space between the bullet and the first character in the bulleted list also contains an underline. No matter what I do, I can't seem to change the format of this style. It is very frustrating and time come consuming.

An additional problem I have encountered deals with the variables that were imported with the Frame files. I can change the font for the variable, but it always appears blue and with an underline in the preview and output. Also, I cannot seem to customize the appearance of the variable to meet the different requirements necessary in headers. For example, the font should appear bold and 18 pt in headers, but it should appear as regular text (without bold) and 11pt in the body text. Is it necessary to create two different variables to meet the different requirements? If so, that seems like a bug to me.

Thank you again for your assistance and your solution to my previous issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please post your css and a topic with problems. I will need to take a closer look, there could be a number of issues causing this.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William. Also, I am having difficulty applying changes to a table style. For example, I do not want any borders on the table. I apply this change, but it does not apply universally. In addition, I want to add margins to the table style. I cannot change the margin settings using the style dialog and the changes I make are only applied to a single table. I would imagine that I will need to customize the entry in the CSS for the table style. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I can tell, there are a couple of things you want:

1. Set a style so all tables of a specific class do not have borders.

2. Variables are styles incorrect.

3. Bulleted lists appear incorrect.

Is this correct, if so:

There might be a couple of things causing this, so here goes the first try:

For 1, edit your style sheet using RoboHelp. In the Styles dialog go to tables and select the table you want. On the right, select the part of the table you want to style and style any way you like. Next, insert a table using the Table menu. Choose the table style from the list.

2. Your variables can be styled in Robo8, check them out. Otherwise the HTML code may be adding garbage. Please post the HTML code of a sentence with a variable, not much I can do without seeing the HTML.

3. As far as I can tell, the lists are multi level lists. Again, please post the HTML of such a list, not much I can do without HTML. Your CSS proves no clue to what is causing this.

One note: The style p.Note may give your problems. Open your style sheet in an external editor and go to line 149, replace with:

Margin-top: 15pt;

Text-decoration: none;

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William:

I have tried the methodology you recommended to correct the table formatting. Unfortunately, the ability to change table margins is not an option in the styles dialog. Also, when you make changes to the borders they are not applied universally. So, I will likely need to tweak the CSS for the table style.

Here is the HTML for the bullet style:

<?rh-udv_start name="Entire_Product_Name" ?><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Acme Widgets</span><?rh-udv_end ?>

Here is the HTML for the bullet style:

<?rh-list_start class="rl-p-Bullet" level="1" ?><p class="Bullet">important company news</p><?rh-list_end ?>

I will make the changes you suggested to the p.Note style. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you want to set it for all tables at once, you will indeed have to manually tweak your style sheet. Simply add TABLE {} with your styling and you're all set up.

I'll look into the bullet styles tomorrow.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prairiewriter

As Willam is giving you a lot of help, you might want to get his name right.

W I L L A M

Just one i

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys... Touching... 

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam

That solved it - thanks. I'm not sure how the span style was added, but it caused mayhem in my documentation.

Thank you for all of your help. Little did I realize how much work I would be doing in the CSS!

I also apologize for misspelling your name. It's the last time I trust an email spell checker. Doh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm....I still haven't solved the variable mystery. I can't resize a variable that appears in a heading. Is this the correct behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, that depends... As far as I can see from your example, your variable (Entire_Product_Name) has a style definition included, which will overwrite other styling. Open the properties of your variables. It will say something like this: <span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Acme etc</span> wich makes your variable 11pt in size, regardles of the heading or paragraph you use it in. Simply removing <span style=""> and </span> will have your variable use the font size and family of the paragraph and heading you use it in.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam.

I've been away from RoboHelp for quite some time (isn't it obvious) and I'm feeling as thick as a whale omelette. Thanks for bailing me out - again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remind me not to dine with prairiewriter!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your style sheet, on line 1193, a style for all span elements is defined. This sets all your span elements to be underlined, blue, Arial, 11pt, and so on.

This means: Your user defined variables use markup, you've inserted this using a span, wich will automatically use the beforementioned styling, unless you overwrite it. Also, you use Robo's multi level lists, which are also styled using a span. Hence the problem for both elements.

Solution: It would seem to me that the span definition is a really unwanted guest, which will probably do more bad than good. Simply delete it from your style sheet and you're all ready to go.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp