• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update deleted Presenter in PPT

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me? After installing the recent update for Presenter 7, which has succeeded, the add-in icon for Presenter disappeared from Powerpoint 2007. All files are on the hard disk, but how can I retrieve the add-in?

Thanks for helping me out,

Lilybiri

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Are you following these steps exactly?

1) Click Office Button

2) Click PowerPoint Options

3) Click Add-Ins

4) To the right of "Manage:" use the drop down menu to select "Disabled Items"

5) Click "Go..."

6) Highlight your Presenter Add-In and Click "Enable"

Is this what you are doing? You can also check your Program Files and Presenter folders for the error log and see if anything stands out on what could be happening.

Let me know if this helps.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect | adobe sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this;

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404249

We were able to resolve this by doing the following:

-Choose the Microsoft Office Button on the top left.

-Choose PowerPoint Options

-Choose Add-ins

-Choose Disabled Addins from the drop down and click GO

-Select the Presenter option and click enable, then OK.

-Then choose the COM-Add-ins drop down and choose GO

-Choose the Presenter selection and click OK.

-Ok out of the menu's and Presenter menu shows up.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help, but it did not work. Adobe Presenter 7 is marked as disabled. I have been following the described workflow, but cannot get the add-in reappear. I have both Acrobat (pdfwriter) and Flashpaper as add-in for Powerpoint. The PPT is a Dutch application, Presenter is English, but before installing the patch all worked well. Should I try to uninstall and reinstall perhaps?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely. Those are the instructions to enable Presenter 7, does it give an error when you hit Go and try to enable the add-in?

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not get any error message. The location mentioned is 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7\Menulauncher.dll'. I activated the add-in, clicked on OK. Nothing happens. I even tried to close and reopen Powerpoint. No way.

I'll will try to uninstall and reinstall Presenter, hoping that this will work.

BTW: some months ago I have been testing the eLS, and for the moment have not got a license for this suite (is finally ordered for me in the college, hoping to have the license soon). But I do have a license for Captivate 4 and Presenter 7. Could this have something to do with the deactivation of the test eLS perhaps?

Thanks for trying to help,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the very same and VERY frustrating problem....have you been able to find a solution yet?  I have removed presenter several times and reinstalled.  I have activated the add-in and it never "takes" even though I check the box and hit "OK".  This is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fritz,

Not at all, I abandoned. This is possible because I also have Presenter installed on my laptop (two copies on same license, never used at the same time is normally possible). But is really annoying. I'm hoping that the eLS, promised to me by the college, will arrive soonly because it will have another copy of Presenter on board. Sorry not to be able to help you out.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what... I fixed it!

<

You may have to enable the add-in. Do you remember if you ever got a message from powerpoint saying that the "ADOBE presenter addin is causing problems"(or something like that?)

Fritz

tel: 919.477.3131

cel: 919.368.1621

specialink: Presentation Skills for Technical Presenters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Fritz, for the tip, it worked for me too! Have a fine weekend.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you following these steps exactly?

1) Click Office Button

2) Click PowerPoint Options

3) Click Add-Ins

4) To the right of "Manage:" use the drop down menu to select "Disabled Items"

5) Click "Go..."

6) Highlight your Presenter Add-In and Click "Enable"

Is this what you are doing? You can also check your Program Files and Presenter folders for the error log and see if anything stands out on what could be happening.

Let me know if this helps.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect | adobe systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I appreciate your response. In fact, it was disabled as an addin, so instead of selecting the COM addins, I had to enable it first. - sounds obvious now, but it took a while to realize this, and powerpoint says it is causing problems so I don't know how long it will hold up - but for now all is well.

Thanks again /

Fritz

tel: 919.477.3131

cel: 919.368.1621

specialink: Presentation Skills for Technical Presenters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2009 Oct 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Matt, it worked!

Sorry for not understanding right away, this is due to the awkward UI of PPT, I think. But just out of curiosity, do you know why the add-in got uninstalled by updating on my PC?

This is a lucky Saturday for me,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources