• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dataFromFlash() and eval’ed JS in scorm_support.js

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While viewing a Presenter presentation online, I had Firebug open and noticed a JavaScript error that I think might be caused by the Presenter Flash object. An example of the error I saw:

unterminated string literal

This happened after I typed "hey<newline>you" into a free-form quiz field and went to the next slide.

From what I can tell, the Flash object is internally building up a string to call dataFromFlash() (in the scorm_support.js file) and running that string in the JavaScript context. According to Firebug, the command it invoked was this:

My guess is that the %0D in the command was evaluated and turned into ASCII 13 (newline) and that resulted in a JavaScript line that was not properly terminated. (If my free-form text field doesn't contain any newlines, there is no error.)

Anybody know what's going on? Any fix, or is this a bug that Adobe knows about?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. There is also a JS error if the free-form survey response contains quote characters. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources