Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple tocs issue

Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working with three different TOCs. One that has all items, my main TOC. One that contains topics only for company A, And one that contains topics for only company B. This as our product is sold under two different brands.

This seemed to work great, but I noticed that every build has the same amount of data. Using search will also bring me to the other companies topics. So concluding...

All project files are used, even if they are not used in the TOC.
How should I adjust my project so that only the project files are used that belong to the topics in the TOC?

Greetings and thanks in advance...

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Dave

Wow, I have a new item to add to my list of "Myth-conceptions" regarding the TOC!

As you have seen, the TOC is only an avenue into the help. Removing things from the TOC doesn't remove them from what you get when you compile or generate.

You need to investigate using Conditional Build tags and applying them to topics to exclude them from output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp