Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Using the rename service

Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I got a simple one...

I would like to know if it is possible to use the rename-service for moving a folder from one folder into another process watched folder input?

If it is possible, how should I set the source and destination?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I would be cautious about touching a directory 'owned' by a watched folder endpoint.

Are you trying to use 1 watched folder directory for multiple services?

Level 8
Level 8

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply...

No, what I'm trying to do is to create a number of pdf's that I want to be sent to another process (that assembles them into one pdf), so what I do is that I save them in a temporary folder and as the last step of the process I want it to move this folder into the watched folder of another process.

Can you follow my logic, or is there a better way?

Kim

Former Community Member

OK. Makes sense to me. Alternatively, you could create a list of documents, iterate through the list, and write each document directly to the watched folder input folder.

Steve

Level 8
Level 8

Hi again Steve,

Thanks for your reply

I am not sure that I can do that, it would start of the assembly process a number of times one for each document, and this is not what I need.

Can you give me a hint to how I should set up the source and destination in the rename service to move a folder from one place to another?

Med venlig hilsen

Kim Christensen

Systemkonsulent

Dafolo A/S

Suderbovej 22-24

DK-9900 Frederikshavn

Telefon: 96206666

Direkte: 96206645

Mobil: 20802810

E-mail: kc@dafolo.dk

www.dafolo.dk

Level 10

It should work.

I did test moving a folder called c:\tmp under c:\Jas with the following parameters:

source file : c:/tmp

destination file : c:/Jas/tmp

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jasmin,

This was not as simple as I initially thought - I felt a little bit stupid in the begining for not aking this work right away, but there seems to be a catch. The catch is that the outer folder must exist prior to the move. This means that your "Jas" folder must be created before you try to move anything into it.

This makes me wish for a couple of new functions that I think you might easily add for LC ES Next, a "move file or folder"-service and a "copy file or folder"-service. These would add quite a lot functionality to the foundation of LC.

Med venlig hilsen

Kim Christensen

Systemkonsulent

Dafolo A/S

Suderbovej 22-24

DK-9900 Frederikshavn

Telefon: 96206666

Direkte: 96206645

Mobil: 20802810

E-mail: kc@dafolo.dk

www.dafolo.dk

Former Community Member

You could use a Custom Script to make the directory, move the files, and delete the directory.