Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up a new site

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

I use Dreamweaver currently and I want to switch over to CFBuilder, but I can't get my server set up properly. I have network access to the drives on the server where the content lives. When I create a site in Dreamweaver, everything makes sense to me, but when I create a 'server' (I work on about 5 sites, all on the same server) I get confused by 'host name', 'context root', 'application server name'. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me what to do?

I guess I should also note that we are on CF8.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Rob,

I guess your scenario is of a remotely running server having 5 sites/virtual hosts.

For this you need to add a remote server. You can refer to this for adding the same: http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/remote_server_setup_is_it_real.html

Once this is done you can go to the Virtual Host Settings Tab and add your sites.

You can then associate your Project with the virtual hosts and work on them.

-Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I required to run the CFBuilder admin code on the server? I am hesitant to do this because it is our production server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I guess your scenario is of a remotely running server having 5 sites/virtual hosts.

For this you need to add a remote server. You can refer to this for adding the same: http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/remote_server_setup_is_it_real.html

Once this is done you can go to the Virtual Host Settings Tab and add your sites.

You can then associate your Project with the virtual hosts and work on them.

-Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, and the instructions. I guess I need to decide if I want to attempt this on our production server, or I guess I could wait until we are on CF9, which will hopefully be soon.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhakti,

Long time no speak!

I recently re-installed our internal testing server to run as CF8 Multiserver. I could never get the Standalone or even the ColdFusion 9 Beta to work properly with CF Builder.

I ran through the steps on your blog for the Multiserver install, and I ran into this error when running adminstart.bat.

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Within the Command Prompt I see the following:

"Error loading: C:\JRun4\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"

Why might this be? I just re-installed CF8 from scratch, so why would files be missing? I am currently running CF Builder Beta 2.

Thanks,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Bhakti, never mind!

I'm looking at the Servers tab within CF Builder right now, and the status for my server profile reads as "Running". Finally!

I still don't know why the adminstart.bat file throws that error, but I guess it doesn't matter now.

Thanks,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jose,

Good to know that you could set up the server in CFB.

The error that you are getting comes in if your jvm is corrupt. If you want to fix this issue you can install a newer version of JDK and point your ColdFusion's jvm.config and java home to this newly installed jdk.

Thanks!

Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation