8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 11:26 AM by Harm Millaard

need help with titles

runriver Level 1

version CS4

I have a relatively simple project, stills with titles.  I have the titles on video track 2.  My goal is for the title to show first on the screen (basically black background), and then the picture to appear behind it.

I have two problems:

When the picture appears, the title virtually disappears.  I have tried all kinds of setting, and the words are dark against the black background, but not visiable on top of the title.

Secondly I have some titles that came in from a fomer Premier 6.5 project.  The shadowing is just a sold color blob.  Should I just create new titles?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: need help with titles
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you create the title in Premiere, and when you say a black background is it truely black or (hopefully) it is a lack of color and therefore really transparent?

• 2. Re: need help with titles
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            When the picture appears, the title virtually disappears.  I have tried all kinds of setting, and the words are dark against the black background, but not visiable on top of the title.

What color is your type? If it's dark, and you need that, but want it to appear against a dark background Video, you can add a light Glow, a light-colored Stroke, etc., to make it pop from the dark background. Personally, I'd go with light-colored type.

Secondly I have some titles that came in from a fomer Premier 6.5 project.  The shadowing is just a sold color blob.  Should I just create new titles?

Refresh my memory, please. What is the file format for those older Titles, that were actually saved as files? If they are something like .PSD, or .TIFF, I'd first look at them in Photoshop, to see what could be done there. However, rather than a lot of hand-work, it just might be easier to create them anew in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: need help with titles
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Have you inadvertently enabled any of the blending modes for the title clip in the timeline?

-Jeff

• 4. Re: need help with titles
                Jim_Simon Level 8

maybe I'm just denser than the othes, but...huh?

• 5. Re: need help with titles
                  runriver Level 1

Creating them in Premier.  I think its transparent; at least I am not adding any background.  Shows black on the preview.  It shows fine until the picture is under it, then it nearly disappears.

• 6. Re: need help with titles
                    runriver Level 1

Mostly the type is bright; though I have a few photos which are light, and so need darker type.  But color does not seem to have nay effect on the problem.

I've decided just to do start over with the titles .

• 7. Re: need help with titles
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you post a screen-cap showing the Title over the footage, and maybe have the Effects Panel open for the Title?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: need help with titles
                        Harm Millaard Level 7

Video on track 1 and titles on track 2. Then start reading on fade in or opacity.