• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to CS4 Published files will not run in new locations

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to CS4 Friday. Had to modify some project files. Converted and saved to CS4. Published to individual folders as structure was created in CS3.

Click on html file and Captivate movie runs.

I move copies of all of the newly published SWF and HTML files to a single folder. There are buttons in all of the movies that tie these movies together. I must emphasize that the project ran when published in CS3 in all locations required.

I click on any of the HTML files, the SWF file is never loaded nor is there an error displayed.

This is not an issue with Flash Player security settings, that has already been verified.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have mentioned that the projects when published played the movie correctly. It stopped playing only when you moved your files.

Also you have created movies which are tied to each other.

Similar issue has been fixed in Captivate 4 patch update. I would suggest you to please download and install the patch update and try again.

Patch update can be downloaded as follows -

1. Launch Adobe Captivate 4

2. Go to menu item Help > Updates

3. Patch for Captivate 4 will be identified and downloaded.

4. Close Captivate 4 so that patch will be installed automatically.

Once patch is installed, launch Captivate and go to menu item Help > About Captivate. The version number should be "1658". If yes, patch update is installed successfully.

Now try to open your CP files and publish again. Please check if your issue us resolved with these newly published files.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I upgrade now, will the patch automatically be part of the upgrade or will I need to download manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Normally the patch is installed independently of the initial application. In other words, you install the upgraded version of CP, then install the service release.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources