• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder Beta trial has expired message - what to do?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Beta 2 yesterday and attempted to install it (I had already been using the original ColdFusion Builder Beta for months).  I couldn't tell if it actually changed anything because in the About section, it didn't mention Beta 2 anywhere.  Today, I received a "your trial has expired" message while writing code, but I could still modify code and save to my servers (color-coded formatting had been deactiviated). 

I uninstalled Adobe Coldfusion Builder, then re-installed the Beta 2, but now when I launch the software I receive the "trial expired" message.  I'm using a Windows XP machine.

In the end, I no longer can use Adobe ColdFusion Builder beta, nor can I purchase the actual software (which I plan on doing).

Does anyone have any advice / suggestions?  I need SFTP support, so I guess I could go back to Aptana, but I'd prefer to have ColdFusion Builder.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi,

The Public Beta 2 is not supposed to expire now.

If you haven’t already updated to the latest release(Public Beta 2), you might notice that public beta 1 expired on October 15th. You can download the latest public beta 2 directly from Adobe Labs at:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder/

So I would request you to first check if you have the latest bits.

However if your Public Beta 2 also says 'expired' try doing this.

1. Uninstall the current version.

2. Delete the location of your

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One temporary solution that I'm surprised worked was to change the date on my computer to Oct. 13th.  I don't like this solution, but maybe it buys me a little time.  I think my clock is automatically updated at certain intervals by IT dept., so this probably will get annoying.  I believe the trial end date for this software is Oct. 14th or 15th.

I'm still interested in any suggestions for fixing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try backing up and deleting your original Program Files/Adobe/Adobe ColdFusion Builder directory and then reinstalling. Also make sure you have the latest build, from the Labs site and not from the Prerelease site. The Prerelease site does not have the latest beta builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the second beta supposed to expire? I'm in the same situation where after updating to Beta 2 I just get a message saying that it has expired. I expected the beta to work until they are selling a final release. Is this not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Public Beta 2 is not supposed to expire now.

If you haven’t already updated to the latest release(Public Beta 2), you might notice that public beta 1 expired on October 15th. You can download the latest public beta 2 directly from Adobe Labs at:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder/

So I would request you to first check if you have the latest bits.

However if your Public Beta 2 also says 'expired' try doing this.

1. Uninstall the current version.

2. Delete the location of your CFB install, By default it will be Program Files/Adobe/Adobe ColdFusion Builder . So you will have to take a back up of any project files and delete this folder.

3. Re-install the latest bits from : http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder/

Note: For Eclipse install use the -clean option.

Do let us know if this doesn't help.

-Bhakti

Adobe ColdFusion Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhakti,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta 2 has solved my problems. Thanks for the help. Really enjoying CF Builder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all of the above, including wiping the registry key HKLM>Software/Adobe/InstallData>Adobe ColdFusion Builder, but cannot get CFBuilder past the 'your trial has expired' notation.

thoughts?

many thanks,

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please confirm the build number of your CFBuilder install.

For this please navigate to CFB Install Directory/plugins and then look at the full name of the file com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml_1.0.0.******  .

The build number of beta2 install should be 253229.

Thanks

Evelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@900spg, According to the labs site, the Beta 2 build expires in January 2010. It would be nice if they gave a little advance warning, like "your build expires in 7 days" so you can plan the time to do the updates which can be time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point Taken. Will file an ER for this.

-Bhakti!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the heads up request.   This caused me pain on 2 points:

1) I couldn't remember all of the wonderful eclipse extensions I had installed (figured them out digging through the directories), so it would have been nice to copy/paste the updates sites pre-mortem.

2) I had to go through some machinations to check all of my changes back into svn for easy extraction into a clean project on beta2.  I haven't found the bit of magic where you point your new eclipse install to an already-svn'ed directory tree and it picks up right where you left off.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not able to get CF Builder Beta 2 to work in Eclipse. I keep getting the 'expired' message. Tried the suggestions here to no avail.

Anything else to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation