• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stopping slide advance

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small e-portfolio that I'm creating using Captivate.  There are links to external websites on several slides and the presentation is currently uses a standard skin / control bar.  The problem is, when you click on the link to an external site and return to the Captivate presentation, the slide has advanced.  I've set the slide action to "No Action," and I've even tried to incorporate a button to control the timing, but the presentation still moves on.  How do you prevent the slides from advancing without setting the time to 300 seconds or more?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

No need for extreme slide timing. I've never really had a need to time a slide for longer than MAYBE 10 seconds tops.

LIkely what you need to do is edit the Button or Click Box where you are linking from. Then click the down arrow to the immediate right of where you typed the link. Likely you have already selected the option for a new window there. What you need to do is to click again and DE-select the option for "Continue playing project".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that seems to solve my problem.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources